What is Pupil Premium ?
Pupil Premium is funding to improve education outcomes for disadvantaged pupils in schools in England. Evidence shows that disadvantaged children generally face additional challenges in reaching their potential at school and often do not perform as well as other pupils.
As a school we receive £1345 per child entitled to Pupil Premium funding. We use this funding in a variety of ways, to ensure those who qualify receive the support they need, removing any financial barriers to accessing enrichment activities such as school trips and extracurricular activities. We also use the funding to ensure they receive high quality education, and bespoke learning packages both for academic and emotional wellbeing.
As a school , if your child is entitled to Pupil Premium, they will benefit from :
▪ A complimentary School PE Hoodie, plus further support with your child’s uniform if requested.
▪ Trip subsidy
▪ Free access to paid school clubs
▪ Free Swim Hats & lessons
▪ Free milk beyond the age of 5
▪ Access to free childcare and meals during school holidays via our HAF programme.
▪ Where appropriate we also use funding to put a bespoke package of support in place, eg time with our Elsa TA & additional learning support in class.
▪ Branston Community Food Vouchers.
Do you meet the criteria ?
If any of the following apply to your circumstances you may be eligible for pupil premium.
▪ Universal credit (provided you have a net income of £7400 or less)
▪ Income support
▪ Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
▪ Income-related employment and support allowance
▪ Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
▪ The guaranteed element of state pension credit
▪ Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less.
Children who are or have been in care, and children who have a parent who is or was in the armed forces, are also entitled to pupil premium. Please ensure you let school know if this applies to you.
To ensure we can access this funding we would appreciate it if parents/carers could access the Lincolnshire County Council parent portal to check if they are eligible.
The Lincolnshire County Council parent portal link is as follows:
Please do not hesitate to contact the school office for any help or support with this.
Thank you for your continued support.
Mrs L Cook